Friday, June 20, 2008

Fun Lilliy Weekend Woman Delight

Fun Lilliy:
Cooks " Pasta Salad à la Norma "
Every one knows that I am a big Rachel Ray fan and like her recipes because they are quick and " figure friendly " as she says and since the weather is hot.. I like salads and pasta salads in particular so this is what I am headed out to buy the ingredients for to try for dinner tonight!

Ingredients:
Salt
1 pound penne rigate pasta
1 medium eggplant (1 1/2 pounds), cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices (I leave on half the skin — I like the color and texture it gives the dish)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for brushing
Pepper
8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced or torn
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 pound ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
Preparation
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, then rinse under cold water.
While the pasta is working, heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush the eggplant with EVOO, season with salt and pepper and grill until tender, 6-8 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into small cubes and place in a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes, basil and garlic to the eggplant. Pour in the 1/4 cup EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta and cheese and toss to combine.

If you tried tell me how it turned out for you.. Ill give my feed back after tonight..

Places to see before I Die Selection of the Week
Victoria Falls in Zambia

there is also this Video The Victoria Falls from the air
From Times Online
June 4, 2008
The Victoria Falls from the air
Arion McNicoll heads to Zambia to see Africa's largest waterfall up close and from a helicopter

Makes you want to be there right now..

Artist of the Week and every week :) Gustav Klimt xhibition at Tate Liverpool



Picture of the Week:
Fun Lilliy
Visit MyBlogLog and get a signature like this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pasta looks sooooooooo yummmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

PaLoMiNo said...

ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I wantttttttt that saled!!!

but I hate to cook!!:X

invite me ;-D

lich 6olaat il 3omir inshalla :)

the pic 3ajeeba where did u find that hehehe I dont see fazaa3 around 7asfa ;pPp he's not the guy on the right sa7!