Wednesday, November 21, 2007

When I just heard about this on the News I couldnt say anything other than cry.....

Please dont comment on this post .. because I cant bare to read any more about it.. we all know how we feel .. but I had to say something about this Woman and I hope that she will be able to survive this... its the story of a 19 year old Qatif woman who was Gang Raped and she is punished with lashes and jail...
These are the Links:
You can watch the videos on International CNN.com/ World
Saudi rape victim punished

Read the story on Arab News:
A Slap in the Face of Justice

The story on BBC news
Saudis back rape victim sentence

4 comments:

awshubbar said...

Terrible, Saudi Arabia need alot of work...

Anonymous said...

I'm watching the updates on the case.. it's pathetic.. very pathetic..
You Saudis shouldn't let it go like that.. I know it's a 50/50 kind of situation with this case but honestly, the 50% supportive ones should speak out for this girl and her lawyer..
I can't even find proper words to describe the entire situation..
And I know why you cried when you knew about it.. I completely understand dear..

rosh said...

Hi Jovial - hope you are well. I realize you don't wish for comments. If I may, I would like to say, the husband's support to his wife, is perhaps the blessing at this point. I am sure she is broken within - however, the solitude of having a man with such convictions with her, eases her journey, a bit thru these tumultuous times. I pray for this young woman - I pray, god grands her the best life possible.

You have to be strong Jovial - it is women folk like you, who shall empower change for the better. It's not only about women today in KSA, but futures of those young ones to come.

Stay strong and have faith Jovial.

Anonymous said...

Yes I think her husband support is admirable in view of her situation and probably the pressure they are under.. I hope they will make it through this and be strong to heal its scars..
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts...